The Chrysanthemum: a Super Versatile Flower with Flair
Chrysanthemums are a perennial favorite among florists, and it's not hard to see why. These beautiful flowers not only add color to bouquets but are also delightfully easy to work with. Let's delve into the world of this charming cut flower.
Chrysanthemums come in a wide array of colors and shades. You can choose from soft pastels like light pink and lilac for a delicate bouquet or opt for vibrant hues such as yellow, orange, and hot pink to infuse some zest into your arrangements. The choice is yours.
Different Shapes and Sizes
Chrysanthemums are diverse not only in color but also in shape and size. From pompon-like buds to large single blooms, you can experiment with various chrysanthemum varieties to create bouquets suitable for any occasion. A combination of different forms and sizes of chrysanthemums can add beautiful texture and depth to your arrangements.
Here are some of the most common types of chrysanthemums:
- Pompon Chrysanthemums: These chrysanthemums feature dense, round flower heads with small, pleated petals. They resemble tiny pompons and are often available in a wide range of colors.
- Spider Chrysanthemums: Spider chrysanthemums have long, narrow petals that radiate from the center of the flower like spider legs. They typically have an exotic appearance and come in various colors.
- Santini Chrysanthemums: These chrysanthemums have small flower heads and are available in various colors. They are popular for bouquets and table decorations.
- Fluffy Chrysanthemums: Fluffy chrysanthemums have soft, fluffy petals that resemble small pompons. They come in different colors and are perfect for creating a cozy ambiance.
- Spray Chrysanthemums: These chrysanthemums grow in clusters of small flowers on a single stem. They are popular for bouquets and are often used in mixed arrangements.
November Birth Flower
Chrysanthemums are the official birth flower of November. This makes them a popular choice for floral arrangements and bouquets given to people celebrating their birthdays in this month.
One of the most significant advantages of working with chrysanthemums is their durability. These flowers have a long vase life, which means they continue to look fresh and vibrant even after being in a vase for a while. This is a bonus for both you and your customers because who wouldn't want to enjoy a beautiful flower arrangement for an extended period?
Chrysanthemums carry different meanings in various cultures. In many Asian countries, they symbolize happiness and joy and are often used in festivals and ceremonies. In the Western world, chrysanthemums are often associated with honesty and loyalty.
Chrysanthemums are affordable, easy to work with, and available throughout the year. They complement other flowers beautifully in mixed arrangements. Whether you're creating a bouquet for a wedding, a birthday, or simply to brighten up a space, chrysanthemums are always a reliable choice. Check our chrysanthemums out in our webshop here!