Lilies: the Timeless Elegance of Lilies
In the world of florists, lilies have a well-deserved reputation as timeless favorites. These graceful flowers not only bring a touch of elegance to your bouquets but also offer numerous creative possibilities. Let's descend together into the enchanting world of lilies, the beloved cut flowers.
A Spectrum of Colors
You can opt for the understated elegance of white lilies for a classic bouquet, or let your creativity run wild with shades like pink, orange, or deep crimson red. Lilies provide a palette of possibilities, allowing you to create arrangements that perfectly align with your vision.
Diverse Shapes and Sizes
Lilies are diverse not only in color but also in shape and size. From the iconic trumpet-shaped Asiatic lilies to the majestic and fragrant Oriental lilies, you can experiment with different varieties to create bouquets suitable for any occasion.
Here are some of the most common types of lilies:
- Asiatic Lilies: These lilies have striking, upward-facing flowers and come in a wide range of colors. They are perfect for adding a touch of vibrancy to your arrangements.
- Oriental Lilies: The large, fragrant flowers of Oriental lilies bloom in deep and rich colors. They exude elegance and are often used in bridal bouquets.
- Tiger Lilies: Characterized by their unique speckled petals, tiger lilies add a touch of wildness to your arrangements. They are available in shades of orange and red.
- Casa Blanca Lilies: With their immaculate white petals and recognizable scent, Casa Blanca lilies symbolize purity and virtue. They are a classic choice for weddings.
- Calla Lilies: Calla lilies are valued for their distinctive trumpet-shaped flowers. They radiate sophistication and are often seen in modern, minimalist arrangements.
May's Birth Flower
Lilies are the official birth flower of May, making them a popular choice for birthday bouquets and floral gifts for those born in this month.
The Symbol of...
Lilies carry various symbolic meanings in different cultures. They often symbolize purity, renewal, and enlightenment. In many Christian traditions, white lilies are associated with the Virgin Mary, representing her virtues. In modern times, lilies are often associated with femininity and are seen as a symbol of female strength and elegance.
Did You Know This About Lilies?
Lilies have a rich history dating back to ancient times. They were cultivated in China over 3,000 years ago and were also a beloved flower in ancient Egypt. Lilies held religious significance in ancient China, often used in religious rituals and ceremonies. The flowers were considered sacred and were offered to gods as a sign of respect and devotion.
Lilies are a versatile, accessible choice available year-round. They blend beautifully with other flowers in mixed arrangements. Whether you're creating a bouquet for a wedding, celebrating a birthday, or simply adding elegance to a space, lilies are a timeless and enchanting choice. Explore our range of lilies here in our online shop!